I hope you all had a lovely February and I’m excited to share some new insights from my recent, jam-packed trip to Paris.
Every decision I make is rooted in my passion for makeup and skincare, the drive to further my company and my desire to connect with you all and share everything wonderful that I pick up along the way. The continuous learning is what keeps my work fresh and keeps me personally inspired.
I hopped over to Paris to do some research on a very exciting project I’ve got coming up. I can’t wait to tell you more about this but honestly, I’m just not allowed to spill the beans right now and I don’t wanna get myself in trouble 😉
Not only did I pick up a lot of invaluable info for this new endeavor I’m working on, but I immersed myself in Parisian culture and you simply can’t walk away from that place without absorbing the inherent style the women of that city carry with them.
Don’t get me wrong, I love New York. I’m a fast-talking smart-mouthed New Yorker through and through. But I adore the ease of life that’s exemplified in Paris. Sure, they lead a different lifestyle overall, they’re not as overworked as us, they have societal differences that pour over into the way they can style and carry themselves, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pick up a few tips and implement them into our own busy lives, right?
Here are a few of my takeaways:
– Parisian woman are incredibly elegant
– They take pride in their appearances but with natural makeup and minimalist fashion, it never feels forced
– There’s an undeniable love of life in the way these women dress themselves
– There’s an easy emphasis on sensuality and color, it all feels effortless
So! How can we add a few of their tricks to our already hectic lives? I’ve got a few VERY doable ideas that will take you less than a minute.
1. If nothing else, throw on a bold lip. Watch how it changes the way you carry yourself throughout the rest of your day!
2. Less exciting, but oh, so game-changing. Cover those dark circles under your eyes, no need for extensive eye makeup, fresh faces are in. Just get that canvas clean so the bold lip stands out!
3. That solid black you always wear? Add ONE piece to your outfit that’s a bright, confident color. A rust colored scarf or royal blue crossbody! I’m sure you’ve got something hiding in your closet, don’t be afraid to throw it on or even to mix things that might seem to clash. That confident choice is the beauty of it.
I hope you give some of these tricks a try, let me know how it goes!
I also picked up some exciting new products which I can’t wait to try from the Guinot skincare line, Roger & Gallet’s skincare line and BioEffect EGF Serum. I’ll be sharing my reviews of these with you shortly so stay tuned!
Have a fab month and we’ll talk soon.